Our feet comprise one quarter of the bones in our body. In fact, each foot has 26 bones, 33 joints and over a hundred muscles, tendons and ligaments. In spite of all they do for us, they seem to be the most disrespected, overused and misunderstood parts of our body. And even though winter is here, this shouldn’t mean we neglect our feet and hide them away! Besides what happens when you have to unveil them at yoga, the pool or even on your winter getaway. Don’t your feet deserve a little more TLC?
Many of us struggle with foot problems that make it hard to appreciate the beauty of our feet. Two of the most common conditions include foot odour and toughened skin. The good news is that much can be done to help us have healthier, happier feet. Milky Foot have six great tips to keep your feet in tip-top nick throughout the year.
- Beautiful feet start with well-fitting shoes. Feet trapped inside poorly fitted shoes will not remain beautiful. Bunions and misshapen toes are the legacy of poorly fitted footwear so always ensure your shoes fit comfortably and try and avoid squeezing them into narrow heels on a regular basis!
- Broken and in-grown toenails can not only be unsightly but also painful. Take the time to regularly trim and clean your nails ensuring your pedicure tools are cleaned each time before use. If you do go to a beauty salon, don’t feel silly to take your own pedicure tools or ask to see that their tools are sterilised.
- Apply an oil or lotion after your shower to retain the moisture your feet have soaked up.
- If you suffer from foot odour, be sure to change your socks or stockings daily and don’t wear the same shoes day in day out. Give footwear a chance to breathe and completely dry out. Where possible, let your feet also breathe and give them a break from socks and shoes.
- Wash and dry your feet carefully (including between the toes) morning and night. Sprinkle talcum powder on your feet and in your socks each morning too. If tinea or athlete’s foot is a problem, ask your pharmacist about an anti-fungal ointment, powder or cream.
- For really soft- feet, you can’t go past bioRevive’s Milky Foot Active product. It’s an effective exfoliating foot peel and moisturising product which also reduces foot odour. Put simply, its the easiest way to exfoliate, freshen and moisturise your feet – leaving them milky smooth, odour-free and beautiful.